Note: this site has moved permanently to http://patricebarton.com/blog/. Please update your bookmarks!

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

So much news to share!

Rosie Sprout receives a star from Publishers Weekly!

★ “An accomplished debut….Wortche possesses both a refreshing directness and a willingness to trust her readers... This impressive new author is well served by Barton (Mine!), whose digital classroom sketches convey a tumult of emotion and have just the right amounts of energy and vulnerability.”
Publishers Weekly, October 24, 2011

Thank you, PW!

Rosie Sprout's Time to Shine by Allison Wortche, pictures by Patrice Barton, Alfred A. Knopf, on sale Dec. 13, 2011




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



















MINE! was accepted into the Society of Illustrators Original Art Exhibit 2011! Many Thanks to the jury! I'm delighted and honored and... okay, I cried a little bit when I heard the news. :) I traveled to NY with my best friend and fellow illustrator Laura Logan for the opening... just WOW! And bonus! We met and had lunch with all the folks from Random House/Knopf that I have been working with - what a wonderful, fun group!! So many memories to treasure forever!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------















Karen Henry Clark, author of Sweet Moon Baby has two author events this month. Wish I could go!

November 4, Friday at 10:30 AM
Barnes & Noble
HarMar Mall
2100 N. Snelling Ave.
Roseville, MN 55113

November 12, Saturday at !:00 PM
The Bookcase
607 E. Lake St.
Wayzata, MN 55391

13 comments:

Phyllis Harris said...

Oh Patty!!! I am so HAPPY for you on all of your great news!! Wahoooo! You are so deserving and I knew it was only a matter of time before the world discovered your unbelievable talent!! Congratulations!!

patrice barton said...

A zillion and one Thanks, Phyllis! I very much appreciate your kind words. :)

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

Congratulations on all counts!! Awesome praise for awesome work!!!!

Mai Kemble said...

WOW- I am blown away- awesome!!!
:)

Shutta said...

Contracts Patrice on your new book and its starred review!!! Also glad to hear the reception in NY was fun, and that you went. YAY!

Shutta
http://shutta.com

Shutta said...

OOPS! That should have been "congrats!" Geesh...

Hugs,
S.

patrice barton said...

Thank you kindly, Elizabeth and Mai!!!

Thank you, Shutta!! - for the "congrats" and finger crossed for more "contracts"!! :)

Hugs!!

Jenn Bontrager said...

Congratulations! You so deserve it. You are one of my favorite illustrators. You make my heart sing! :)

patrice barton said...

Oh, thank you, Jenn!!!

theartofpuro said...

Congratulations!Your illos are fantastic:)

Anonymous said...

Such a fan of your work, you are truly a great artist, congratulation!!!!

Shirley said...

Super duper congratulations, Patrice..your work continues to inspire me and you deserve this!! Oh the book looks amazing!!

patrice barton said...

Thank you Monica, Tamara, and Shirley!I appreciate your kind words!!