Note: this site has moved permanently to http://patricebarton.com/blog/. Please update your bookmarks!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

joy joy joy


This little guy is from a picture book I just finished for QED Publishing. He reminds me of my son as a toddler who would sing, "Joy, joy, joy, joy down in me heart!" as he tore thru the house on his trike.


Here's a portrait I did of my son. It's from a snapshot taken while he was actually riding his trike and singing. Joy indeed!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Patrice! That is one of my favorite songs! What a wonderful vision of your son as he runs through the house! Really touched my heart!

Anonymous said...

What a beaut! Love that image of him riding his trike and singing.

Diane Duda said...

How adorable! What an infectious smile...and I love his tousled hair. HOw I miss the toddler versions of my boys. Luckily their teenage versions are pretty great too.
I love your artwork.

Courtney Pippin-Mathur said...

just beautiful and so much fun.

patrice barton said...

Thanks you guys!
I do miss those toddler days! Although, every age brings it's own adventures. Our son is a teenager now. He's traded in his trike for a car, but the music is still blaring! hee!